Close shave for street vendor as car goes up in flames

Bhadrak: A street vendor had a close shave after a car he was using to sell cloths caught fire on the road at Sanakrushnapur village in Basudevpur block in Bhadrak.

As per the report, the victim identified as Chandrakant Palai was en-route to business by driving his Tata Indigo in the morning and had parked the same on Nadiapala Road due to some reason when the mishap took place. Sparks erupted and engulfed the vehicle in a short span of time to reduce it to ashes.

The victim, who was inside the car at the time of the incident came out immediately to save his life.

Sarees worth lakhs have been gutted in the fire which is suspected to be caused by an electric short circuit inside the engine, said Chandrakant.

Later, fire services personnel from Basudevpur rushed to the spot and contained the blaze.

Also Read: Samaleshwari Express halts in Odisha after technical glitch

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.