Child dies of snakebite as family relies on quack

KalingaTV News Network

snakebiteKeonjhar: It seems government efforts to make people aware of unscientific methods of treatment have yielded had very little impact with another child falling victim to quackery after snake-bite. The unfortunate incident occurred after family members of the minor preferred to take him to a quack instead of visiting a doctor.

Reports say two minors suffered snakebite while they were asleep in the Maryar Nachuni village of the district on Monday night. But due to their greater reliance on the village quack than the doctors, the family members of both the victims took them to the quack for treatment the same night. After a nightlong treatment in the hands of the quack, one of the minors died on Wednesday morning. But instead of realizing their mistake, they called on another quack from a nearby village who again performed sorcery on the dead body which went in vein.

However, family members of the other child have shifted him to a nearby hospital and she is out of danger now following treatment by the doctors.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.