CBI to issue fresh notices to Arun, Atanu in chit fund case
Bhubaneswar: In a fresh development in the ongoing probe in multi-crore chit fund scam in the state, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) today said it would issue fresh summons to former Odisha ministers and BJD leaders Atanu Sabyasachi Nayak and Arun Sahu.
The decision on the part of the central investigation agency came in response to the leader duo’s failure to appear before it earlier.
Sahu had been asked to appear on January 28 whereas Nayak was summoned for January 30 in an earlier order by the CBI.
The CBI summon also sparked a controversy at that time as the ruling BJD party alleged political vendetta in the step. It alleged that the news of CBI notice was first given to media with ulterior motive.
“The notices have not reached the concerned recipients. We came to know about the move only from media. It seems as if the letters were first handed over to media and then posted. This is an attempt to make the issue politicise,” said Sasmit Patra, BJD Spokesperson.
Notably, Seashore Group is one of the 44 ponzi companies in Odisha which came under the scanner of CBI and ED following a Supreme Court order in the year 2014.