Berhampur: The Berhampur Municipal Corporation (BeMC) has issued fresh guidelines for Durga Puja 2021 celebrations.
The guidelines will remain effective for Durga Puja from October 11 to 15.
Here is the list of the guidelines:
- Puja(s) shall be conducted in indoor-like conditions only for observance of rituals without public participation, pomp and grandeur.
- The Puja Pandals/Mandaps shall have to be covered on three sides. The 4th side shall also be covered in a way not to allow any public view of the idols, so as to not allow any public view/darshan of the idols by devotees.
- The height of the Durga idol has been capped at 4-ft for all the puja pandals and mandaps.
- At any given point of time, there shall not be more than 5 persons including organisers (Kartas) and priests and support staff present in the Puja Pandal/Mandap.
- The persons present at Puja Pandal/ Mandap shall follow all Covid protocols of social distancing, mask use, personal hygiene and sanitation issued by Central/ State government/Local Administration in letter and spirit.
- There shall be no immersion procession. The idols will be immersed in the artificial pond(s) created by the local administration for the purpose.
- There shall be no religious procession of any kind of any religious community.
- No community feast associated with any puja/ festival during the period shall be allowed.
- The organiser/ Puja committee members having 2nd dose vaccination certificate/ RT-PCR negative report are allowed for rituals. Also, it is mandatory to submit 2nd dose vaccination certificate of Organisers while applying for permission.
- Necessary NOC from SDM, Berhampur, Police Authority, Fire department, and TPSODL should be submitted for granting permission.
- For any other deviation in the above guidelines, Puja Committee Member will be held completely responsible.
The authorities have also been warned of action if anyone is found violating the Covid-related guidelines. There will be no public participation and no grand immersion ceremony.
Also Read: BMC Reduces Number Of Guests To 50 For Social Functions, See Details