Alert for all vehicle owners! Here is everything you need to know about High Security Registration Plate
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government has made the high-security registration plates (HSRPs) mandatory for all classes of vehicles which were registered prior to April 1, 2019.
The vehicle owner can register for the HSRP on the website of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) by the end of June 1, 2022. SIAM.
What is HSRP?
- The number plate is made of aluminum. These plates are tamper-proof and come with two-reusable locks. The number plates will have a chromium-based Ashoka Chakra on the left, along with ‘IND’ written.
- The vehicle identification number will be laser encoded, which is easy to be scanned and difficult to be tampered with.
- Anti-theft-old number plates are easy to temper with and can be misused by thieves. HSRP plates come with a non-removable snap-lock and are almost impossible to replace.
- The HSRPs comprises details like engine number and chassis number in a centralized database. The stored data along with a 10-digit PIN (laser code) helps in identifying a stolen car.
- Old number plates used to come with different fonts and styles. This made it difficult for traffic police personnel to read the moving vehicle’s registration number. With HSRP, registration plates will have unified fonts and styles, making them easy to read.
How to apply?
- HSRP would be affixed by the vehicle manufacturers (OEMs) and their authorised dealers only.
- In Odisha, the vehicles owner will be able to book for fitment of HSRP and make its payment through online portal authorized by the vehicle manufacturers (OEM). This will help in maintaining transparency and prevent excess charging from the vehicle owners.
- Vehicle owners can select any location and date for affixing of HSRP as per their convenience.
Timeline for affixing HSRP
- Vehicle owners can comfortably affix HSRP from any authorized dealer of vehicle manufacturer in three months time. After that, all class of vehicles registered prior to 1st April, 2019, shall be checked for the HSRP as per the timeline given below:
- No e-challan shall be issued and no fine shall be collected or no penal action shall be taken against any old vehicles registered prior to 1st April, 2019 for plying vehicles without HSRP till August 31, 2022. After that challans will be issued in accordance with the last date given for various series of vehicles.
HSRP Number Plate?
- Hot stamped chromium based Ashoka Chakra symbol.
- International Registration Code for India.
- Unique laser etched serial number.
- Donates the state where the vehicle is registered.
- Denotes the district where the vehicle is registered.
- Unique alpha-numeric combination code.
How to book HSRP for vehicles on the SIAM website
Visit the official website of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM –www.siam.in) and then click on ‘BOOK HSRP.’ After this fill the required details and click ‘Submit.’
Hight Security Registration Plate (HSRP) Vehicle owners are free to choose any dealer, place & date for affixing of HSRP.@CTOdisha has directed OEMs to make their online portals live for #Odisha customers to book HSRP immediately.
Timelines of HSRP registration: pic.twitter.com/nXn7ijbdMT
— I & PR Department, Odisha (@IPR_Odisha) May 30, 2022