Admission to Degree classes in Odisha: Students can take admission with Downloaded Mark Sheets, Undertaking
Bhubaneswar: In a major respite for the aspirants who want to take admission into the Degree classes (+3 classes) in different Colleges of the State, Odisha Government on Monday announced that students can take admission into degree classes with downloaded mark sheets and undertaking.
In a letter from the Higher Education Department issued to the Principals of all Government/ Non-Government Degree Colleges coming under Higher Education Department it was said that due to COVID-19 pandemic, there is some disruption in supplying the original certificates, mark sheets and migration certificates etc. to the students passing out from CHSE (O) during 2021-22.
Accordingly, the downloaded mark sheets with self-attestation along with undertaking submitted by the students of CHSE shall be accepted by the Higher Education Institutions (HEls) during the time of admission, reads the letter.
Here are the important points of the announcement:
1) The downloaded mark sheets with self-attestation along with undertaking submitted by the students of CHSE shall be accepted by the Higher Education Institutions (HEls) during the time of admission.
2) The HEls shall verify the downloaded marksheets submitted by the selected students form the menu-MIS report and sub-menu (AHSE 2021 RESULT) in SAMS website.
3) The ICSE/CBSE/Other Board students if selected for admission must submit downloaded marksheets and certificates duly attested by the Head of the Institution, if original documents have not been issued yet by the concerned Board/Council to these students. They shall not be debarred from taking admission.
4) If any student from ICSE/CBSE/Other Board has been selected for admission basing on the marks secured (in terms of best of four or five subjects), it is requested to verify the marksheets of these students on the basis of total marks secured (taking all subjects into consideration). If it is found that the selected student has got marks above the cut off marks for the selected subject, she/he shall be allowed to take admission and necessary error correction shall be done in e-space. But, if she/he has secured less mark than the cut-off mark, error correction shall be done so as to include her/his application for subsequent round of selection.
5) Undertaking shall be kept from the admitted students regarding submission of original certificates and marksheets within 15 days from the date of admission for 1s” selection and 07 days for 2nd selection. Students of ICSE/CBSE/Other Board shall be allowed one month time from the date of admission to submit the original migration certificate if they are not able to submit the same, failing which their admission shall be cancelled.