8 houses gutted, 2 families rendered homeless in Sonepur village fire

Sonepur: At least eight houses of two families were gutted and properties worth lakhs lost in a fire which broke out in Raipali village under Rengali panchayat of the district in the wee hours today.

As per the report, the spark erupted in one Jagannath Bhoi’s house in the village late in the night and later spread to his neighbour Mahajan Sahu’s house. Till the victim families came to know about the fire it had spread to at least eight houses.

Later, a fire brigade team from Rengali reached to the spot and doused the flames.

Valuable assets including furniture, electronic goods and food grains had been lost to the blaze, claimed members of the victim families which have been rendered homeless in the mishap.

An electric short circuit is being suspected behind the spark.

Kahaliapali Revenue Inspector has reached the spot of late and assessing the volume of damage following which a decision on compensation to the affected families will be taken.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.