KalingaTV News Network
Bhadrak: At least eight houses were gutted and property worth lakhs were reduced to ashes in a devastating fire which erupted in the Mato Gaudunipokhari village under Chandbali block in the district last night.
The mishap took place very late in the night while a majority of villagers were asleep. Flames erupted at one Sudarshan Raut’s house due to some reason and soon spread to other houses in the neighbourhood.
Chandbali Fire brigade teams took hours to douse the fire reaching the village after getting information on the incident later in the night.
Villagers have demanded immediate government assistance to the affected families, who went homeless in the fire mishap and are now forced to spent wintry nights under open sky.