6th Coronavirus Positive Case confirmed In Odisha, declares Health Department

Cuttack: The Health and Family Welfare Department Odisha has confirmed the 6th Covid-19 positive case in the State today. The person is said to a be resident of Cuttack and had a recent travel history to Delhi.

Earlier today Odisha Chief Secretary Asit Tripathy had intimated to impose shut down on the capital city Bhubaneswar and Bhadrak for 24 hours after detection of the 5th corona patient in the state. While the shut down is to be imposed from 8PM today, now Cuttack also has been included in the list. 

Update:

Odisha’s sixth Covid-19 patient has Tablighi connect

Bhubaneswar, April 3 (IANS) The sixth Covid-19 patient in Odisha from Cuttack had attended the Tablighi Jamaat event in Delhi’s Nizamuddin area last month, state government’s spokesperson Subroto Bagchi said on Friday, adding that the authorities have started contact tracing for this person.

The person tested positive on Friday.

Among the 27 returnees from the Tablighi event in Delhi, seven are foreigners. Out of them, 21 persons have tested negative, while the sample of one person returned positive. The reports of five persons are awaited, Bagchi said.

This apart, 40 other persons from Odisha who attended the Tablighi event are at different quarantine centres in Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Delhi.

“Besides, 10 West Bengal residents who had attended the Tablighi event had visited Talcher in Odisha after returning from Delhi. We have traced the contacts and their samples have been sent for testing,” said Bagchi.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.