KalingaTV News Network
Cuttack: At least three houses belonging to two families were reduced to ashes and assets worth lakhs lost in a fire which broke out in Balijhari village under Narasinghpur police limits in the district last night.
Sparks erupted in one Ramakant Barik’s house while his family was away to watch ‘Astaprahari’ function which was being held in the village. Later, the fire spread to another house in the neighbourhood and took shape of a massive blaze.
Narasinghpur Fire Brigade teams rushed to the spot after getting intimation from the villagers and brought the flames under control. However, till then assets worth lakhs including furniture, cash along with valuable documents had completely been reduced to ashes.
While the exact reason behind the blaze is not known, police said an electric short circuit could well be behind the incident.