2000 chickens charred to death in poultry fire mishap in Odisha
Balasore: At least 2000 chickens were charred to death in a fire mishap yesterday night in the Balasore district of Odisha.
As per the report, last night fire broke out at a poultry farm in the Badgan village under Patharpentha gram panchayat of Bahanaga block in Balasore district.
After getting information about the fire mishap a fire brigade team from Soro rushed to the spot and doused the flame. However, till then about 2000 chickens, each of more than one-kilogram weight, were charred to death.
One, Chandrakanta Raj of Badgan reportedly owns the poultry firm. Reason of the fire mishap has been ascertained as an electric short circuit.