KalingaTV News Network
Keonjhar: Tension ran high in Kushakala village under Banshapala block in the district on last night after a two-months-old baby died following faulty vaccination at an Anganwadi centre and locals detained a health worker holding her responsible for the death.
As per the allegation, one Dasarathi Dhangad and his wife Sakuntala Dhangad of Karalapashi village had taken their two-month-old child for vaccination to Kushakala Anganwadi centre last afternoon. While, after an Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery (ANM) present there administered a police injection vaccine the baby bled at the injection site and developed fever.
While the baby was given Paracetamol tablets by the Anganwadi authorities and was allowed to return home, it fell unconscious and succumbed at around 1 AM.
Villagers detained the ANM who had administered the vaccine to the baby following the incident and released her only after police reached and intervened.
Police have registered a case in the incident and started investigation.