2 minor brothers die of snakebite in Odisha
Kendrapara: Bandhasahi village under Pattamundai Block in the district woke-up to the sad news of the death of two minor boys due to snakebite this morning.
According to reports, Prabhakar Sahu along with his family members was asleep last night when a poisonous snake bit his two minor sons – Udaya Sahu and Krutabasa Sahu – at around 12 am.
Immediately, they were rushed to a hospital in Pattamundai and later shifted to Kendrapara District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) as their condition deteriorated. However, the duo died while undergoing treatment at the hospital.
“My sons woke-up at around 12 am saying that something bit them. When we searched we found a venomous snake beside them. We rushed them to the hospital where doctors gave them some injections and referred to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack. But, both of them died soon,” said Prabhakar.
A pall of gloom has descended on the village following the death of the boys.
Meanwhile, police have started an investigation into the matter.
— Kalinga TV (@Kalingatv24x7) September 28, 2018