Bhadrak: A major fire broke out at Hengupati village in Ghatpur under Chandbali tehsil of Bhadrak district late last night. The fire gutted burning 15 houses and 11 cows were charred to death. Three people were also sustained injuries in the fire.
As per reports, the fire is said to be caused by lighting. The fire completely destroyed 15 houses of eight families of Mahalikasahi of Hengupati village including the houses of Birbhadra Mahalik, Umakant Mahalik and Kamalakant Mahalik.
The fire was so intense that it was impossible to get anything out of the house. Due to which all the paddy crops, rice, money and other household items were burnt to ashes.
On being informed, two firefighters were called to the scene and brought the blaze under control after three hours of toil.
The locals have demanded immediate assistance from government to the affected families.