New Delhi: In the wake of the dastardly Pulwama terror strike on February 14, the Committee of Administrators (CoA) is reportedly set to meet on Friday as to discuss the future of India-Pakistan cricket ties.
According to ANI, CoA will have a meeting tomorrow to discuss the future course of action and seek advice from the Sports Ministry, Ministry of External Affairs and Home Ministry. Following it, the board “will take a collective & responsible decision as to what steps can be taken in regard to cricket with Pakistan”.
The news agency also added that no letter has been written to the International Cricket Council (ICC) so far regarding the matter.
According to sources, CoA chairman Vinod Rai has asked the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) CEO Rahul Johri to write a letter to the ICC asking them to ban Pakistan from the showpiece event for continuing to harbour terrorists.
Meanwhile, several former India cricket legends are calling on India to boycott the match and sever sporting ties with Pakistan.
“There is no chance of a bilateral series with Pakistan after this incident,” former captain Sourav Ganguly said. “I agree that after this attack, India should not only stop playing cricket, hockey or football with Pakistan but cut all ties with them.”
“India should not play Pakistan in the World Cup. India are powerful enough to win the World Cup without having to play Pakistan,” Harbhajan Singh told in a TV programme.
lndia and Pakistan are slated to face each other on June 16 at the Old Trafford in Manchester as part of their round-robin fixture in World Cup 2019 for which about 400,000 people have reportedly applied for tickets.
Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed claimed responsibility for the ghastly Pulwama terror strike in which the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) lost 49 jawans.