The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has issued a fresh notification for the recruitment of Veterinary Assistant Surgeon/Additional Veterinary Assistant Surgeon in Group-A of Odisha Veterinary Service under the Fisheries & Animal Resources Development Department
Prospective candidates can apply on the official website of OPSC. The link for registration shall be available for recruitment to 659 posts from December 30, 2022
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not be above the age of 38 years as on the 1st day of January 2022 i.e, he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1984 and not later than 1st January 2001.
- However, the deserving candidates would get relaxation in the upper age.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry or its equivalent degree from any recognized University/ College/ Institution in India or abroad.
- Possesses required conversion certificates recognized by the Veterinary Council of India (VCI) in case of candidate having Degrees from Universities of Foreign Countries.
- Possesses valid registration certificates under the Odisha Veterinary Practitioners Act, 1970 (Section 21)
- The examination fee for all categories of candidates has been exempted.
Method of section:
- The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts of Veterinary Assistant Surgeon shall be made on the basis of written examination.
- The total marks for the written examination shall be 800.
- There shall be two papers i.e., Paper-I & Paper-II, each consisting of 200 questions and carrying 400 marks.
- The duration of each paper shall be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The questions shall be of MCQ (Objective-type) pattern.
How to apply:
- Candidates must apply online on the official website of OPSC.
- Rs 56,100.