Indian Railways Recruitment 2022: Apply Online, Check details here
Indian Railways is inviting Online applications from eligible candidates for the engagement of Act apprentices at the designated workshops or units under the jurisdiction of N.F. Railways. The portal for the submission of online applications is to remain open till 22:00 hours of the closing date.
1. Position: Apprentices
2. No of Post: 5636
3. Education Qualification:
- The candidate must have passed the 10th class examination or its equivalent (under the 10+2 examination system) with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board.
- The candidate should also have a National Trade Certificate (ITI) in the notified trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training or Provisional Certificate issued by National Council for Vocational Training/State Council for Vocational Training.
4. Age limit:
The candidate should be a minimum of 15 years and less than 24 years of age on 01.04.2022, to be eligible to apply
5. Application fees:
The application fee is Rs. 100 ( One hundred only) and non-refundable.
6. Documents required:
- SSC (Standard 10th) or its equivalent mark sheet.
- Certificate for proof of date of birth.
- Consolidated mark sheet for all semesters of the trade-in which applied / Provisional National Trade Certificate indicating marks.
- National Trade Certificate issued by NCVT or Provisional National Trade Certificate issued by NCVT /SCVT.
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Disability certificate, in case of PWD candidate.
- Discharge certificate / Serving certificate, in case of candidates applied against Ex-Servicemen quota. Production of original documents, as stated above, on the day of document verification is mandatory without which they will not be allowed to appear in the document verification. Certificates in languages other than English or Hindi should be accompanied by an attested translation in English/Hindi.
7. Important dates
- Date of publication of Notification on Website – 30-05-2022
- Opening date & time of Online Application – 01-06-2022 at 11:00 hrs
- Closing date & time of Online Application – 30-06-2022 at 22:00 hrs
8. Selection Process:
- Selection is to be done on the basis of the prepared merit list (trade wise, unit-wise, community-wise). The merit list in each unit shall be prepared on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in matriculation (with minimum 50% aggregate marks) + ITI marks in the trade in which Apprenticeship is to be done.
- For the purpose of calculation of percentage of matriculation, marks obtained by the candidates in all subjects will be reckoned and not on the basis of marks of any subject or a group of subjects like best of five etc.
- For the purpose of calculation of percentage of ITI marks, average marks mentioned in consolidated statement of marks for all semesters of the trade applied/marks mentioned in the provisional National Trade Certificate issued by NCVT/SCVT, will only be reckoned. In case of false/wrong declaration of Marks, the candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- In case of two candidates having the same marks, the candidates with older age shall be preferred. In case the date of birth is also same, then the candidate who passed matriculation exam earlier shall be considered first.
- A final merit list will be prepared unit wise, trade wise and community wise, equal to the number of slots in the descending order of percentage of marks obtained by the candidate, as stated above. Shortlisted candidates, thus enlisted in respective units, will be called for document verification to the extent of 1.5 times of the notified vacancies.
- Candidates finally enlisted would be subject to verification of original testimonials uploaded and production of medical certificate as per annexure attached.
9. How to Apply
- Interested candidates are required to apply ONLINE by visiting www.nfr.indianrailways.gov.in.
- Candidates will be required to log on to the RRC/NFR website www.nfr. indianrailways.gov.in provided for filling ONLINE applications and fill up the personal details/BIODATA etc. carefully.
- Candidates have to choose only one unit.
- Candidates trying to submit more than one application with different particulars like Name/Father’s name/Community/Photo (face)/ educational and/or technical qualification etc. or with different Email ID/Mobile Number are informed that all such applications will be subjected to immediate rejection.
- Candidates have to keep printouts of their online application. If found eligible, he/she will be called for Document Verification and the print out of online application is required to be produced at the time of Document Verification.
- The ONLINE application, complete in all respect, can be submitted through ONLINE process as indicated in the schedule on first page. No physical copy of the application is required to be sent to RRC. Even if it is received, no cognizance will be given to it.