The Indian Air Force (IAF) on June 19 revealed the details of the Agnipath recruitment system’s process, which is to commence from June 24. Amid the ongoing protests, the scheme which is to recruit youngsters into the military for four years.
The defense ministry has declared a 10% reservation for Agniveers while they are to have the same quota in CAPF and the Assam Rifles under the Union home ministry. The announcements have been made to suppress the protesters.
The document shared by IAF on their official twitter handle lists the eligibility, educational qualification, medical standards, assessment, leave, remuneration, life insurance cover etc.
The Indian Air Force releases details on ‘Agnipath’ recruitment scheme
— ANI (@ANI) June 19, 2022
Check details of Agniveer contract:
- IAF Agniveers will have to wear a distinctive symbol on their uniform during the period of engagement.
- Agniveers will be entitled to several honors and awards.
- The IAF shall maintain a centralized high-quality online database of Agniveers. Skills attained by the Agniveers will be recorded and assessed.
- Agniveers will get a total of 30 leaves per year and other sick-leaves only on proper medical advice.
- Agniveers shall not be released at their own request before the completion of four years, except for exceptional cases, with the approval of concerned authority.
- Agniveers will be paid a package of ₹30,000 per month with a definite yearly increment. Apart from this, risk and hardship, dress and travel allowance will be given.
- An Agniveer Corpus Fund will be created which will not lapse. Every Agniveer will contribute 30% of this income to this fund. The government will provide an interest rate equivalent to the Public Provident Fund.
- After four years, Agniveers will be eligible to receive the Seva Nidhi package which will be the accumulated amount of their monthly contribution to the corpus fund plus the government’s contribution with interest.
- If Agniveets exit the service before their engagement period at their own request, they will only receive the Seva Nidhi package consisting of their own contribution.
- Agniveers will be provided with a life insurance cover of ₹48 lakhs for the duration of their engagement as Agniveers in the IAF.
The enrollment form for minors (Applicants under 18 years of age) will need to be signed by the parents, the IAF document said. For the rest, the documents are to be signed by the Agniveers formally accepting all terms and conditions of the scheme.
“Post the period of four years, each Agniveer will go back to the society, based on organisational requirements and policies promulgated by the IAF,” the document read. “Agniveers will not have the right to be selected for further enrollment into the Armed Forces. Selection will be the exclusive jurisdiction of the government,” it read further.