Puri: Youth dies after being electrocuted while connecting CCTV in control room ahead of Rath Yatra

A youth died after being electrocuted while connecting a CCTV camera in a control room ahead of Rath Yatra in Puri.

Puri: In a shocking incident, a youth died after being electrocuted while connecting a CCTV camera in a control room ahead of Rath Yatra in Puri.

The deceased has been identified as Rakesh Behera of the Rajabagicha Kusunpur area of Odisha’s Cuttack district.

According to sources, security is put at its peak ahead of the commencement Rath Yatra in Puri. For this, CCTV cameras were installed in the control room. While installing the CCTV camera, Rakesh came in contact with the live wire. Following the electrocution, he died on the spot.

On being informed, police reached the spot, recovered the body, and sent it for autopsy. The cops have also started to probe into the matter.

Meanwhile, the associate of the deceased operator suspects that the incident may have happened due to a problem with the power supply of the electricity department.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.