Fire in famous Pen Hospital of Bbsr extinguished completely: Dy Fire officer

The fire was caused due to a short circuit in the A/C and it spread to the entire shop, said Dy Fire officer.

Bhubaneswar:  A major fire broke out at an office stationery shop named Pen Hospital has been doused completely by fire extinguishers on Monday. The shop is situated at Master Canteen Square of the Capital city.

According to the Bhubaneswar Dy Fire officer, the fire was caused due to a short circuit in the A/C and it spread to the entire shop as it houses inflammatory materials.

On being informed, two fire brigades were rushed to the spot and used advance rescue tender for smoke exhaust. A total of 25 nos of staff and officers have been engaged in the firefighting. After a few hours, the fire was completely extinguished.

Though nobody was injured due to the fire, the owner of the shop Rabi Jain’s property worth lakhs of rupees are stated to be gutted following the mishap.

The shops used to sell different office stationery items like staplers, punching machine, sticky tapes, scissors, glue, calculator, tape dispenser, desk tidy, pen cups, note holders, paper clip, waste buckets, ink cartridges, toners, printing papers, photocopy papers, card holders , files, folders, letter holders, document holders, paper trays, envelope, notebooks, wire bound notebooks, writing pads, personal organizers, ballpoint pens, fountain pens, pencils, porous point pen, rollerball pen, highlighter pen, markers and many more.

A heavy traffic jam was seen at the post as Master Canteen Square is one of the major locations of Bhubaneswar and several passersby stopped their vehicles to have a glance of the fire mishap.

Also Read: Odisha: Forest Guard Killed In Firing By Poachers In Similipal

Kalinga TV is now on WhatsApp. Join today to get latest Updates
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.