3 of family including minors critical in mosquito coil fire

KalingaTV News Network

Athagarh: At least three persons of a family including two minor children sustained critical born injury in a fire which broke out at a house in Bentapada village under Athagarh police limits last night.

The injured trio has been identified as Jinajini Sahoo (30), her son Asish Sahoo (9) and Arpita Sahoo (12).

Blaze erupted in the house late in the night while all the family members were asleep. A burning cinder of a mosquito repellent kept in a room in the house caused fire which engulfed the victim trio in minutes. The flames were brought under control following a fire fighting effort by other members in the family but till then the victims had been badly burnt.

Family members rushed the injured first to Athagarh CHC from where they were later shifted to SCB Medical in Cuttack due to deteriorating condition.

Police reached the spot this morning and conducted preliminary investigation.

 
Kalinga TV is now on WhatsApp. Join today to get latest Updates
 
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.