Snake Found In ‘Khichdi’ Served To School Students In Maharashtra
Nanded: In a shocking incident, students of a Government Primary School in Maharashtra’s Nanded were served khichdi which had a snake in it. The incident occurred on Wednesday at Gargavan Zilla Parishad Primary School, around 50 kms from Nanded.
Some 80 odd children studying in Classes I-to-V were served the midday meal ‘khichdi’ in which a snake was later discovered. While the school staff was serving the food, they were shocked to see the snake in the vessel.
As per reports, the contract to prepare the mid-day meal khichdi is given by the school management committee to a local NGO.
Confirming the incident, Nanded District Education Officer (DEO) Prashant Digraskar said after the snake was discovered, the food being served was immediately discarded and all the children went hungry for the day.
“We have taken this matter very seriously and ordered a probe. A team from the DEO has left for the village today to investigate and necessary action will be taken after their report is received,” Mr Digraskar told IANS on Thursday.