Over 800 stalls gutted, 9 hurt in Hyderabad exhibition ground fire
Hyderabad: At least nine people were hurt after a major fire broke out at All India Industrial Exhibition venue in Nampally here last night.
As per the report, the exhibition ground premise popularly known as Numaish, was jam-packed with visitors when the mishap took place.
Police said the blaze erupted at Andhra Pradesh Mahesh Cooperative Bank Limited at around 8.45 pm due to electric short circuit and spread to adjacent stalls in quick time. Taking into account the fact that the stalls had been made of bamboo sheets and cloth, those caught fire immediately, they added.
At least seven of the injured who suffered suffocation were rushed to the Osmania General Hospital, while the rest two were shifted to Care Hospitals in Nampally.
Out of total 3000 stalls set up at the ground at least 800 were completely reduced to ashes in the fire till fire tenders reached the spot and doused the flames.
The process of damage estimation is underway, said Hyderabad mayor Bonthu Rammohan to media.