NCB Recruitment 2021: Vacancies available for Junior Intelligence Officer posts at Narcotics Control Bureau
Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is hiring eligible candidates for the posts of Junior Intelligence Officer on a deputation basis. Interested and eligible applicants can apply for the posts as per the prescribed format within 60 days from the date of issue of this circular which is October 29, 2021.
NCB aims to fill up 82 vacancies in the grade of Junior Intelligence Officer on a deputation basis with this recruitment drive.
NCB is Indian federal law enforcement and intelligence agency under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. The agency is tasked with combating drug trafficking and the use of illegal substances under the provisions of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
NCB Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
Notification date- October 29, 2021.
Last date of application – 60 days from the date of issue of notification.
NCB Recruitment 2021 Vacancy Details
Junior Intelligence Officer – 82 posts
Junior Intelligence Officer Job Description/Duties
- Enforcement of Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985.
- Collection & development of Intelligence, Investigation, search, seizure and arrest (including financial investigation);
- Initiating trial in courts.
- Initiating action under PITNDPS Act.
- Attending trial in courts.
- Identification and destruction of illicit opium and cannabis cultivation;
- Demand Reduction activities Training of officers/personnel of other drug law enforcement agencies
- Coordination with other drug law enforcement agencies Any other duties as assigned/allocated by Superior Officers.
Officers of the Central/State Governments/Union Territories:
(1) Holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or department.
(2) With (six) years’ regular service in the Level-5 (Rs.29,200-92,300) of the Pay Matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre or department.
Period of Deputation: Ordinarily not exceeding three years including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post immediately preceding the appointment, extendable up to 07 years subject to suitability and performance, as per DoP&T & MHA guidelines issued from time to time. No further extension will be granted in any case.
NCB Recruitment 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification: The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized board.
Experience: The applicant should have two years’ experience in enforcement of regulatory laws and collection of intelligence information.
Desirable: One year’s experience in investigation of criminal offences.
NCB Recruitment 2021 Age Limit
The candidate’s age should not be more than 56 years of age on the closing date of receipt of application.
NCB Recruitment 2021 Pay Scale
Pay scale in PB-2 (Rs 9,300- Rs 34,800) plus Grade Pay of Rs 4,200/- (pre-revised) [Level-6 as per 7 CPC Pay Matrix]
How to Apply for NCB Recruitment 2021?
Candidates who are interested to apply for the posts can do so as per the enclosed format within 60 days from the date of issue of this circular. For more information please check the notification below.