Mumbai, July 18 (IANS) A fire broke out on Saturday on the set of Ekta Kapoor’s daily soap “Kumkum Bhagya”. No casualty has been reported in the incident that happened at Killick Nixon Studio in Mumbai’s Chandivali area.
The cause of the fire is being speculated as short circuit, though details are yet to come in.
Shooting was in progress when the incident happened, but all actors and crew members were moved to safety.
View this post on Instagram
fire breakout on the set of #kumkumbhagya The shoot of Kumkum Bhagya, the popular television show on ZeeTV and produced by Ekta Kapoor was disrupted today due to a fire breakout. As per the media reports there is no damage to life and cast and crew have been taken to a safe place and no casualties have been reported. The fire broke out while the shoot was in progress at the Kllick Nixon Studio. The cause of the fire is deemed to be a short circuit. An online portal reported a source that said, “The reason for fire seems to be a short circuit. But there is no clarity at the moment.”
“Kumkum Bhagya” stars Shabir Ahuwalia, Sriti Jha, Mugdha Chaphekar and Krishna Kaul, and is one of the most popular Balaji soaps, airing on Zee TV.
Shoot for the show had started only a few days ago after months of lockdown.
Recently, Killick Nixon Studio was shut for a few days after “Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2” actor Parth Samthaan tested Covid-19 positive.