Dharwad Building Collapse: Death Toll Reaches 15, Rescue Operation Underway

Dharwad: The death toll from building collapse in Karnataka’s Dharwad reached 15 on Friday after another body was found under the debris. At least 12 were still missing in the collapse that took place on Tuesday.

As many as 62 people have been rescued so far as operations continued for the fourth consecutive day.

On Thursday, three bodies were pulled out from the rubble of the under-construction building that collapsed at Dharwad in north Karnataka three days ago, police said.

The four-storeyed building belongs to one of the relatives of former Congress minister Vinay Kulkarni. As many as 55 people were injured in the incident.

Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy visited the accident site today and said a magisterial inquiry has been ordered. BJP MLA from Hubballi-Dharwad Central and former Karnataka chief minister Jagadish Shettar visited the spot and took stock of the situation.

As per reports, five builders were involved in the construction of the building but no arrests have been made so far.

Also Read: Former Cricketer Gautam Gambhir Joins BJP

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.