Bhandara: In a tragic incident, at least 10 children were killed in a massive fire that broke out at the Sick Newborn Care Unit (SNCU) of Bhandara District General Hospital in Maharashtra’s Bhandara late Friday night.
The mishap reportedly took place at around 2 AM.
Seven children were rescued from the unit, ANI quoted Pramod Khandate, Civil Surgeon at the hospital, as saying.
While the exact reason behind the fire is yet to be known, it is suspected that the inferno might have occurred due to a short circuit.
More details awaited.