Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship 2022 is an initiative by the Government of India for Class 9 to 12 and UG, PG and Research students. It is an initiative to empower young innovators who are engaged in community work of waste management/awareness campaigns/waste surveys/studies, etc. as Swachhta Saarthis and implement actions to reduce waste for a greener planet.
The Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship 2022 is aimed to empower citizens to continuously engage in their attempts to reduce waste in cities and rural areas. The selected candidates will receive variable awards.
Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship Eligibility
- Category-A: Be studying in class 9th to 12th standards (Note – The applicants should give credentials of their teacher/guardian who will ensure submission of monthly, half-yearly and yearly progress reports.)
- Category-B: Be a student from UG & PG colleges, Universities/Institutions and Research students/scholars
- Category-C: Be an individual Community Worker/Self Help Groups (SHGs) – (a maximum of two applications can be submitted by one SHG) and Sanitation workers.
Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship 2022 Benefits
- Category A: An amount of Rs 500 per month for a period of 1 year subject to continued monthly participation and reporting.
- Category B: An amount of Rs 1,000 per month for a period of 1 year subject to continued monthly participation and reporting
- Category C: An amount of Rs 2,000 per month for a period of 1 year subject to continued monthly participation and reporting
Other Benefits of Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship
- The best performing fellow in each category will be recognised as the Swachta Saarthi of the month.
- At end of the year, 10 best innovative projects/initiatives/demo model/prototypes/reports will gain recognition under the programme.
Documents required for Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship 2022
- Identity card as a proof of being a student (.pdf/.png/.jpg/.jpeg format)
How to apply for Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button and read the details.
- Navigate to the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Select the category to access the application form.
- Fill in the required details, upload the documents and submit.
Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship 2022 Important Dates
- Start Date and Time – 4th February 2022, 2:00 PM
- Closing of Application – 4th May 2022, 11:59 PM
- Announcement of Result – 4th June 2022, 2:00 PM
Selection Criteria of Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship
- Relevance of the work already done by the applicants
- Innovative solutions implemented in their activities
- Practicality for replication of the activities undertaken
- Engagement of the peers/community
- Proposed action plan for a year
- Expected outcome and impact
Click here to visit the official website of Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship.
Click here to apply online for Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship 2022.