Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), a subsidiary of Indian Railways, provides many facilities like online ticket booking and catering services amongst other things. In addition, you can earn thousands of rupees every month with the help of IRCTC.
You don’t need to go anywhere for this. You just need to become an authorized agent of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation and book tickets.
How much commission do IRCTC agents get?
- For any passenger, a commission of Rs 20 per ticket is available for booking a non-AC coach ticket and Rs 40 per ticket for booking an AC class ticket. Apart from this, one percent of the ticket price is also given to the agent.
- Another biggest advantage of becoming an agent of IRCTC is that there is no limit to book tickets in this. You can book as many tickets as you want in a month. Besides, there is also an option to book Tatkal tickets in 15 minutes. The agent also can book tickets for Air, Bus, Hotel, Holidays, Forex, prepaid recharge, others.
How much does an IRCTC agent earn?
- There is no limit on the number of tickets agents can book in a month. So one can book unlimited number of tickets in a month. Agents get a commission on every booking and transaction. An agent can earn a regular income of up to Rs 80,000 per month but an average of 40 50 thousand rupees can be earned for sure.
How much fee an IRCTC agent will have to be paid?
- An agent will be charged Rs 3,999 for one-year agency.
- Rs 6,999 for two-year agency
- An agent will have to pay a fee of Rs 10 per ticket if he books a maximum of 100 tickets.
- An agent will have to pay a fee of Rs 8 per ticket for booking a maximum of 101 to 300 tickets.
- An agent will have to pay a fee Rs 5 per ticket for booking over 300 tickets in a month.
Here’s how to apply for authorised IRCTC agent?
- First of all, you have to fill out the registration form online.
- Then send your scanned copies of their documents along with signed application form and declaration form.
- After the competition of the verification of documents, IRCTC will ask you to deposit Rs 1,180 for the creation of an IRCTC ID.
- Soon an OTP will be sent to you and a Digital Certificate will be created in your name after verification.
- Now you will have to deposit IRCTC fee.
- As soon as you deposit your IRCTC fee you will get all credentials like id, password and so on in your mail.
Documents required to apply for authorised IRCTC agent
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Mobile number
- Valid email ID
- Office address proof
- Residential address proof
- Declaration form
- Registration form