Scholarship for students below 17 years of age: Apply to get your tuition fees & admission fee along with hostel expenses
Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation (S-ILF) is pleased to invite applications for financial support from students residing in self-settled leprosy colonies for pursuing higher professional studies.
Open for candidates below 17 years of age residing in a self-settled leprosy colony and who want to pursue a B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) & GNM degree. At least one parent of the candidate or the candidate have had leprosy.
1) The scholarship will be given for only i) Professional Masters courses ii) Professional Bachelors courses iii) Professional Diploma courses.
2) The scholarship will be available only for courses offered by Government recognised institutions.
3) No capitation fee will be paid for admission.
4) S-ILF will support up to 27 students this academic year.
New, first time applicants are eligible to apply for a scholarship only to a professional course leading to employment. To qualify for a scholarship, applicants must meet eligibility Criteria.
Who can apply?
Applicants must fulfill the following conditions:
1) At least one parent must have had leprosy and must be residing in a self-settled leprosy colony.
2) Only one individual from a family can avail of the scholarship in any one year.
3) Only first year applicants beginning their studies/courses in the academic year 2022-21 are eligible.
4) Applicants availing scholarships from other organizations/individuals will not be considered.
5) Admissions to professional courses from Government recognized institutions are eligible for scholarships. Students admitted to non-professional courses are not eligible.
6) Applications for professional courses will only be accepted on completion of Senior Secondary (10 + 2) or Bachelors.
7) Applicants from Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh will be given the benefits of the scholarship.
8) Applicant must not be less than 17 years at the time of application.
9) Applicant must have completed previous course in year 2022 or 2021.
NOTE: Applications from students who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
How to apply?
1) Interested students are required to apply for the scholarship on the online MIS portal scholarship.silf.in. Link is also given on S-ILF website (www.silf.in).
2) Application form should be completed and along with required attested documents should be uploaded on scholarship.silf.in latest by 5 th June, 2022 .
3) In case the student has already gained admission, proof of admission in a government recognised institute is mandatory. Candidates can also submit an admission call letter issued by the institute to which s/he has secured admission. In case admission is still being sought, candidate must fill up Annexure I.
Accompanying documents: Application forms must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Passport size photographs of the applicant,
- Self-attested copies of the following documents:
- Birth certificate or proof of date of birth.
- Pass Certificate for Matriculation (10th) senior secondary (12th) and Graduation (If applying for master’s course).
- Mark sheets of the 10th, 12th Board Exam and Graduation (If applying for Masters Course).
- Leprosy certificate of parent/ parents (treatment certificate from place where treated or Certificate from District Leprosy Officer or Disability certificate mentioning Hansen’s disease/leprosy).
- Candidates must submit a provisional admission letter issued by the institute to which s/he has secured admission or else applicant should indicate names of 03 colleges in which they are seeking admission
- A reference letter from the colony leader certifying that the candidate is a resident of the colony and is the only candidate from their family.
- Applications to be verified by state leaders. Without state leader’s verification the application will be considered incomplete.
Selection of students
- All eligible candidates will be listed in the order of the set criteria of merit in the last examination.
- Meritorious students will be called for the personal interview and top candidates will be selected for the scholarship by selection committee.
- The scholarship fund will be given only if admission is secured for a professional course in a government recognized institution
- In case, a candidate decides not to avail of scholarship or fails to secure admission for a professional course in a government recognized institution, the candidate next in line will be eligible to avail of the scholarship.
- S-ILF will pay for the tuition fees, admission fee, mess fee and boarding/ hostel expenses to the institutes directly.
Expectations from selected candidates
- Regular attendance and dedication to learning
- High performance
- The candidates should adhere to all the rules, regulations, and discipline of the respective institution/hostel where they are studying. Any report from the institute/hostel which amounts to violation of the above would result in withdrawal of the scholarship.
Last Date to Apply:
Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation, 2 nd Floor, IETE Building, 2, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003, Tel No +91-11-24603439, 24603440
For any further information please contact:
- Ms Charu Gaba: 9990503759
- Mr Tanzeel Khan: 9891572290
Spelling of Scholarship in heading is wrong