Prepare delicious ‘Dum Paneer’ at home with this simple recipe
It often happens, you have invited your close friends on dinner who are vegetarians and you are worried which dish can make the dinner an absolute treat for your friends. Well, an answer to this question can be ‘Dum Paneer’!
Dum Paneer is a perfect dish to serve on all occasions and liked by people of all age groups. Moreover, you don’t have to make rounds of grocery shops to gather ingredients to prepare this delicious dish. You will be amazed to know that, Dum Paneer can be prepared easily with the ingredients readily available in your kitchen.
Once you serve this dish on your dining table, its’ yummy taste and mouth-watering aroma will leave everyone asking for more. With less time and effort you can prepare Dum Paneer and will be loaded with compliments from your loved ones.
Ingredients to prepare Dum Paneer –
2 tbsp oil, 1 sliced onion, 1 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp ginger, 4 cloves, 4 cardamoms, 1 cinnamon stick, 1/2 tbsp green chillies, 3 tbsp curd, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1/2 tbsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tbsp garam masala, 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder, 20 Paneer cubes, 1tbsp coriander leaves, water (as per need), salt (as per taste)
Method of preparation:
- Heat a pan and add some vegetable oil to it
- Add sliced onion to the oil and fry till it looks golden brown
- Grind the onion to make a paste
- Heat another pan and add vegetable oil to it
- Add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick and onion paste to the oil
- Cook them well and add ginger, garlic and green chillies
- Add curd followed by cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and garam masala
- Mix them well and add black pepper powder
- Add paneer cubes to the mixture
- Now add some water to form gravy
- Cover the pan and leave on the heat to cook it for 10 minutes
- Garnish coriander leaves and serve it hot