Aadhaar card is one of the important documents which is used in many other things related to opening a bank account, filing income tax returns. If you are changing your house, then you have to update the address. But sometimes you may get upset due to lack of proper documents. But you don’t have to worry. Now you can do this through online medium.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) provides the facility to update the address of Aadhaar cardholders without any proof.
In view of the Covid-19 epidemic, UIDAI has announced a major update that people can now get Aadhaar updated via online through their home. For this, you do not need to go to the Aadhaar centre.
UIDAI tweeted and wrote, “Now you can update your name, address, date of birth and gender on the UIDAI website sitting at home, click on https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ and sit at home base Get it updated.
अब आप घर बैठे UIDAI की वेबसाइट पर अपना नाम, पता, जन्मतिथि व लिंग अपडेट करा सकते हैं, https://t.co/II1O6P5IHq पर क्लिक करें और घर बैठे आधार अपडेट कराएँ। #Aadhaar pic.twitter.com/GhuLbLGAG3
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) December 22, 2020
Now you can update your name, date of birth, gender, address, and language online. At the same time, the person will have to visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra for other updates like family/guardian details or biometric updates.
- Registered Mobile Number ID Mandatory
- Your registered mobile number is mandatory for online Aadhaar update request. You will receive OTP for Aadhaar authentication on your registered mobile.
- Here, the process of verifying the mobile number has been described on the UIDAI website.
- Go to most UIDAI website
- You will have to enter your Aadhaar number, email address, and a security code
- If you want to verify your email address, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, email address, and security code
- You will get an OTP email ID immediately.
- Now type OTP on the right side of the page and verify it
- If your details match with UIDAI, you will get a message saying, “Congratulations !! The Email ID matches with our records!”.
- Similarly, if you want to verify your mobile number, follow the same procedure. This time, instead of email address, type your mobile number and generate OTP.