The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), which is responsible for regulation and management of provident funds, pensions and the mandatory life insurance in India, has taken several steps for the beneficiaries in view of the COVID19 pandemic in the country.
The EPFO has given option for the beneficiaries for the COVID19 Advance, meaning they can withdraw money in advance siting the coronavirus pandemic situation as the reason of PF withdrawal.
There are several ways to withdraw the PF money. However, the EPFO also has made the arrangements for the PF account holders to file COVID19 Advance through UMANG App, the unified app that can be used to access a variety of pan-India e-government services, including income tax filing, Aadhaar and provident fund queries, gas cylinder booking, and Passport Seva.
Here’s how to file COVID19 Advance through UMANG App
- First of all open the UMANG App on your phone.
- Click on the ‘EPFO’ option.
- Select ‘Request for Advance COVID-19’
- Then enter your UAN number
- Click on ‘Get OTP’
- Submit the OTP and then click on ‘Login’ potion
- After you logged in successfully, you have to enter your Bank account number, in which you want the money to be credited.
- Now, select the ‘Member ID’ from Drop Down Menu. Then click on ‘Proceed for claim’
- Enter address and click on Next
- Choose ‘Form 31’ from drop-down menu. Fill ‘Amount of Advance Required’ and upload ‘Cheque Image’ (Cheque details like name, Bank account number and IFSC should be clearly visible. Image should be in jpg or pdf format with size upto 100kb).
- Check on Declaration box and ‘Submit OTP.’
- After receiving ‘Aadhaar OTP,’ finally, click on ‘Submit’ button. With this, your COVID-19 withdrawal form successfully submitted.
Watch the video here: (Credit: SOCIALEPFO)