Good News! PAN Card-Aadhaar Card Link Deadline Extended Again, Check Details
Taking a major decision, the Central Government has extended the last date for linking the Aadhaar number with PAN. The Central Government has extended the last date for linking the Aadhaar number with PAN from March 31, 2021 to June 30, 2021 in view of difficulties arising out of the Covid-19 epidemic.
The Income Tax Department has tweeted that it has extended the date of issue of notice under Section 148 of the Income Tax Act 1961 to the guidelines issued by the Dispute Resolution Panel (DRP) and the processing of equivalent levy details till April 30, 2021 has gone.
The Income Tax Department extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar link, saying that the taxpayers had requested that the last date for giving information of the Aadhaar number should be extended at this time in view of the Covid-19 epidemic in the country.
In view of the difficulties faced by taxpayers, the Central Government has issued a notification on Wednesday, the Central Board of Direct Taxes said in its statement. It has been asked to inform the Aadhaar number and extend the last date for linking of PAN to June 30, 2021.
Date for issue of notice under section 148 of Income-tax Act,1961, passing of consequential order for direction issued by the Dispute Resolution Panel (DRP) & processing of equalisation levy statements also extended to 30th April, 2021.(2/2)
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) March 31, 2021
If you have not linked your PAN card with Aadhaar then you can do it in two different ways:
1. How to link PAN to Aadhaar by sending SMS:
- Type on your phone: UIDPAN, then write the 12-digit number of your Aadhaar card and then the 10-digit PAN number.
- Then send the message to 567678 or 56161.
2. Steps to link PAN and Aadhaar through e-filing website:
- First, go to the Income Tax website.
- Enter the name, PAN number and Aadhaar number given in the Aadhaar card.
- In the Aadhaar card, tick square only when the year of birth is Mentioned.
- Now enter captcha code.
- Now click on the link Aadhaar button.