This is a very important news for you if you are an Employees Provident Fund (EPF) account holder. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has made it mandatory to link the Universal Account Number (UAN) with Aadhaar. The deadline for linking Aadhaar with UAN is ending by tomorrow.
It is to be noted here that the EPFO had extended the Aadhaar-UAN linking to November 30 from August 31, 2021. However, those who do not link their Aadhaar with UAN will face major problems regarding their PF money.
Here are the major five problems you will face if not linking Aadhaar with UAN by tomorrow:
- You will stop getting your employer’s contribution.
- You will face remittance delays until you link Aadhaar with UAN and the data is approved by the employer and authorities.
- You will not be able to withdraw PF money.
- You will not be able to receive the COVID-19 advances
- You will also not get the insurance benefits associated with PF account
Here’s how to link Aadhaar with UAN
To link your Aadhaar number to your PF account, you must first go to the EPFO website www.epfindia.gov.in. After this you have to click on Online Services >> e-KYC Portal >> link UAN aadhaar. After this, you have to submit your UAN number and register mobile number in UAN account.
In the next step, an OTP will be sent to your phone number. Submit this OTP in the section of the website. After this, you have to submit your Aadhaar number. After this, you will have to click on Proceed to OTP verification. To verify your Aadhaar details, you will have to generate OTP on your Aadhaar linked mobile number or mail. After verification, your Aadhaar number will be linked to your EPF account.