Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a contagious disease that is infecting to all age groups with variable symptoms like fever, cough, headache, fatigue, breathing difficulties and loss of smell and taste.
At first, the disease was identified in Wuhan, China in December 2019 and has spread worldwide leading to an on-going pandemic.
According to a report by WHO, till date only 2.4% of the total positive cases are children under the age group of 18 out of which 2.5% developed serious symptoms and only 0.2% were critical.
Here are some of the important guidelines to keep your children safe from COVID
- Symptoms like fever, cough and sore throat if found in your child, immediately consult a doctor.
- Teach them to wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds or sanitise their hands. Ask them to wear mask inside the home and avoid touching nose, mouth and eyes without washing hands.
- Children need to be explained very calmly about the need of social distancing.
- Promote healthy eating habits and encourage consumption of home-made food.
- Have patience and stay calm. Help your child get plenty of rest and drink.
- Hug them or meet them only after a fresh bath if you are returning home from work.
- Avoid sharing dishes, cups, towels and bedding.
- Use tissue when your children cough or sneeze and dispose it immediately.
- Spend quality time with your kids. Remember to stay home and stay safe.
- Emphasize them with hygienic practices as a part of daily routine even after the Lockdown ends.
- Kids can be encouraged to read storybooks, play indoor games, puzzles and pursue hobbies of Yoga. Yoga can relieve stress and keep everyone healthy.
- Give your child medications as advised by your paediatrician. Don’t be a self doctor.
By following these tips, you can save your children during the pandemic days. Be aware, any violation of these tips might make your child prone to the deadly Coronavirus.