Change in breakfast habit can reduce stubborn belly fat, Keep these items in your diet
Bhubaneswar: The stubborn belly fat also known as abdominal fat or visceral fat that develops around the centre of the body can be harmful to health if left unattended for too long. It can trigger obesity, heart disease, type-2 diabetes, or metabolic disorders.
Do you know what’s worse? It is not quite easy to get rid of it. However, studies have shown that there is a simple breakfast habit that can help you reduce stubborn belly fat.
Usually, people make alterations like lowering practicing portion control along with regular moderate to high-intensity workouts. However, a study has shown that eating protein for breakfast can work wonders to shrink stubborn fat.
According to the author of ‘The First Time Mom’s Pregnancy Cookbook and Fueling Male Fertility’, no matter what a person chooses for a breakfast meal, a sandwich, smoothie, or oatmeal, some proteins is much needed such as a whole egg on a sandwich, protein powder in the smoothie or some nuts in oatmeal.
In another study published in ‘Nutrition and Metabolism journal’, it was stated that there is a strong link between quality and quantity of proteins consumed for reduction of belly fat. Try to add these items to your diet without complicating the calorie count:
- Eggs- Try cooking up two or three eggs any style, then combining them with a serving of your favorite veggies, for a nutritious and delicious breakfast.
- Chickpeas- Try combining one cup (285 grams) of Greek yogurt with some mixed fruit, chia seeds or wheat germ for an especially nutritious breakfast.
- Cottage Cheese
- Nuts- Mix a serving of nuts into yogurt, cottage cheese or homemade granola to bring your breakfast to the next level in terms of nutrition.
- Oats- Try combining one cup (235 grams) of cooked oatmeal with a one-half cup (74 grams) of berries, one tablespoon (7 grams) of ground flaxseed and a handful of almonds for a power-packed, high-fiber morning meal.
- Greek Yogurt- Try combining one cup (285 grams) of Greek yogurt with some mixed fruit, chia seeds or wheat germ for an especially nutritious breakfast.
- Chicken Breast
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Bananas- It can be enjoyed alone or sliced as a topping for yogurt, cottage cheese or oatmeal. You can also add unripe, green bananas to your morning smoothie for a hearty dose of resistant starch.
- Green tea- Try adding a squeeze of lemon, drizzling on a bit of honey or brewing your tea with ginger or mint to bring a tasty twist to your cup.
Dietitians also say that some drinking habits should also be avoided if you don’t want belly fat.
1.Drinking soda regularly
Soda is one of the trickiest drinks when you are trying to lose weight, especially if you are trying to lose belly fat. A study has showed that all those who consumed soda on a daily basis had a higher percentage of belly fat on their body.
2. Drinking alcohol
Drinking alcohol is one of the worst things you can do to create belly fat because of ingredients in alcohol called congeners which makes the body store more fat and speeds up the process of gaining weight.
Drinking juices can contribute to weight gain if consumed in excess because the store brought juice beverages are often loaded with added sugars like high fructose corn syrup.
4.Mixing alcohol with energy drinks
Combing your alcohol with an energy drink is a sneaky culprit and one that you may not realize is contributing to weight gain.