Beetroot is the taproot portion of a beet plant and a vegetable also known as the table beet, garden beet, red beet, dinner beet or golden beet. Scientifically it was originated from ‘Beta Vulgaris’ and was domesticated in the ancient Middle East grown by Egyptians, Greeks and Romans.
Beetroots are a healthy addition to any well-balanced diet and have a ton of ways to eat them, from making soups, to roasting, to pickling, to juicing and more.
Beetroots are packed with essential vitamins, minerals and plant compounds used in many cuisines which is beneficial for pulmonary health.
Here are the amazing benefits of Beetroot:
1. CONTROLS BLOOD PRESSURE: Beetroots are rich in nitrates that convert into nitric oxide which dilates blood vessels and provides a better circulation, causing blood pressure to drop.
2. SUPPORTS BRAIN HEALTH: The nitrates oxidants contained in beetroot improve mental and cognitive function by promoting the dilation of blood vessels and increasing the blood flow to the brain.
3. BOOSTS PHYSICAL STAMINA: The nitric oxide in beetroot improves the efficiency of mitochondria. It has the potential to enhance athletic performance and tolerance during longer term endurance exercise.
4. GOOD FOR SKIN: Beets are loaded with phytonutrients antioxidants that fight against damaging free radicals that cause cellular damage and are partly responsible for the visible signs of aging.
5. IMPROVES DIGESTION: Beetroot is rich in fiber and promotes digestive health and prevents from constipation, inflammatory bowel disease and diverticulitis.
6. FIGHTS INFLAMMATION: Inflammation is part of the body’s immune response. Beetroot are rich in source of amino acid betaine that reduces the chronic inflammation and prevents from heart disease, liver disease and cancer.
7. GOOD FOR DETOXIFICATION: Liver is responsible for filtering blood, making proteins for blood clotting, detoxifying chemicals and metabolizing drugs. The betalains antioxidants in beetroot helps the liver to detox chemicals and toxins more effectively.