KalingaTV News Network
Rayagada: At least five members of a family had a close shave after the car they were traveling in caught fire near Chengili village under Rayagada police limits in the district last night.
The mishap took place at around 9 PM in the night when one Panchanan Puri of Narayanguda was heading to Rayagada with four of his family members boarding a Tata Indigo car (Registration No. OR 05 AJ 7584). On a forested road near Chengili village their vehicle suddenly caught fire due to a suspected technical snag.
However, the occupants of the car managed to move out of the vehicle.
Fire brigade teams from Gumuda reached the spot immediately and brought flames under control.
While the exact reason of fire is yet to be known fire personnel suspect short circuit to have triggered the spark.