Indian government owned insurance and investment corporation, the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) on July 19 launched a health insurance plan, Arogya Rakshak, on 19 July.
According to the LIC, the Arogya Rakshak is a non-linked, non-participating, regular premium, individual health insurance.
All these benefits are available under Arogya Rakshak policy
- Flexible benefit limit to choose from
- Flexible premium payment options
- Major financial protection in case of hospitalisation and/or surgery.
- Lumpsum benefits irrespective of actual medical costs.
- If more than one member is covered under the policy, a premium waiver is available for other insured persons in the event of unfortunate death of the original principal insured, that is the policyholder at inception of policy.
- If a policyholder or others covered under the plan have to undergo a surgery falling. under Category I or Category II, he/she is eligible for Premium Waiver Benefit.
- To increase the plan coverage, policyholders can avail of options like Auto Sum Up Benefit and No Claim Benefit. They also get benefits on calling an ambulance and while going for a health check-up.
- Policyholders can avail these benefits with optional riders like LIC’s New Term Assurance Rider and LIC’s Accident Benefit Rider.