Bhubaneswar: Almond Carrot Kheer or ‘Gajar Badaam Kheer’ is a delicious Indian recipe served as a dessert for any occasion. Almonds are considered one of the best ‘Brain Foods’ because they contain riboflavin and carnitine which helps to prevent cognitive decline. Carrots, on the other hand, provide brain-protecting antioxidants in the form of carotenoids and vitamin C.
This delicious kheer is made using carrot, almond, sugar, and milk. The method is simple and the entire process hardly takes 25 minutes.
- Carrot: 7 pieces
- Almond: 10-15
- Elaichi/Cardamom powder
- Soak the almonds in water for 1 hour and peel the skin and grind them to a fine powder
- Peel the carrot and boil the carrots without cutting them by adding the carrot and little water to the pressure cooker. Allow 4 whistles.
- In the meantime, boil milk.
- Allow this to cool for sometime, mash the carrots by hand and put it in the same mixer along with the grinded almonds.
- Grind it into a very fine paste.
- Transfer this paste to a container and add little water (100 ml) and sugar and keep stirring them on a low flame till sugar dissolves.
- Add the boiled hot milk and keep it on stove and stir for 5 mins.
- You may add 1 or 2 tbsps of Milk Maid or Mithai Mate also for enhanced taste. Add a pinch of cardamom powder
- Switch off the stove and allow the Kheer to cool for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Your Almond Carrot Kheer is ready to serve.