Bhubaneswar: One of the most beautiful gemstones, Pearl or Moti is related to the moon. It represents the psyche in man, controls decision-making and brings fame and fortune to its wearer.
Pearl keeps emotions under control, bestows facial charm, beauty, fame and promotes good memory. It is also beneficial in eye ailments, hysteria, epilepsy, cold cough, asthma, nervous debility, intestinal disorders, and throat troubles.
Just like the softness and tranquility exuded by the moon, the pearl is known to have a soothing and calming effect on the wearer. Pearls, especially the white variety, are symbolic of purity, wisdom, wealth and integrity.
Here are some benefits of wearing a pearl stone:
- Pearls bring about an emotional balance to a strained mind.
- They also help to cure insomnia, calm stressed nerves and control anger. In fact, people who have a short temper are advised to wear pearls.
- Pearls eliminate the ill effects of the moon and strengthen the mind.
- Pearls also improve self-confidence and create positive energy.
- Pearls help strengthen the bond between husband and wife. It is believed that wearing a pearl on the day of the wedding brings marital bliss.
- Pearls are a sign of prosperity and believed bring good fortune.
Things to keep in mind before wearing a Pearl Ring:
- Minimum weight of the stone should be 7-8 Ratti (1200-1400 mg).
- It should be worn on the little finger of the right hand.
- The pearl stone should touch the skin.
- Before wearing, the ring should be dipped into ‘gangajal’ or cow milk for at least 10 minutes.
- The pearl ring should be worn on Monday during the ascending moon cycle (Shukal Paksha) during sunrise.
- While wearing, one should recite the mantra “Om Chandraya Namah”.