KalingaTV News Network
Kandhamal: In a suspected case of food poisoning, at least 18 persons of three families were taken ill in Ghumura village near Mundigarh of the district on Monday.
The incident took place soon after the families had their lunch yesterday. The victims including three children and eight women developed symptoms like nausea, vomiting and loose motion after taking their meal.
Neighbours rushed the sick to Tumudibandha Community Health Centre (CHC) immediately following the incident.
While the victims are under treatment, district administration has rushed a Mobile Health Unit (MHU) to the village to collect food samples and is trying to find out the exact cause of the sickness.