KalingaTV News Network
Bhadrak: Over 2000 chicken were charred to death after a massive fire broke out in a poultry farm in Laxmidaspur village under Basudevpur block of the district on Sunday.
Sparks started erupting at a part of the poultry farm owned by one Santanu Nayak of the village and soon spread to other areas late in the night. Nayak reached the spot called up fire brigade for help which made an inordinate delay in reaching the spot resulting in complete devastation of the farm.
“The fire mishap took place at around 3 AM in the night after which we called up Basudevpur fire brigade team for assistance. However, the fire tenders arrived in the village at around 7 AM and till then I have lost over 2000 chicken to the fire,” said Nayak.
Locals have demanded compensation for Nayak who had set up the farm after taking huge loan from banks and lost it to the fire mishap.