Kalinga TV
Kahe Thik Dekhaye Thik


KISS to have branch in West Bengal soon


KalingaTV News Network

KISS to have branch in West Bengal soon Kolkata: Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS), which recently got deemed university status from the Central government, is mulling setting up a branch in West Bengal to impart education to the tribal population of the state.

Speaking at a press conference in Kolkata yesterday, Founder of KISS, Prof. Achyuta Samanta said;, “In the next three years, we are planning to expand. We will hold talks with the Bengal government soon and we hope that we will get land for setting up a campus here. We will start with school-level and gradually expand to Post-Graduation.”

Currently, there are 100 students from West Bengal studying in the 11th standard and beyond in the first exclusively tribal university of the world.

Students from 10 states of the country and two foreign countries – Bangladesh and Ethiopia – are getting free education at KISS.

“We are witnessing interest from students of SAARC and African countries as well for studying here. We hope to get students from there next year,” Samanta added.

KISS, with 60 percent of its seats for girls and the remaining 40 percent for boys, will introduce seven new departments to provide impetus to research on tribal studies, the Founder said.