KalingaTV News Network
Kendrapara: At least three houses and property worth lakhs were gutted after a fire broke out in Jamapada village under Marshaghai block in the district on Sunday.
Flames first erupted at one Gangadhar Mahali’s house in the village due to the negligence of a family member during lighting a mosquito coil. Sparks from the coil first caught up the thatched house of Gangadhar and later spread to the neighbour Gayadhar Mahali’s house.
After the affected families called up local fire brigade team for help and it did not turn up till late, they tried to douse the fire on their own. However, till then at least three houses belonging to both the families had completely been reduced to ashes.
Six goats were also burnt to death in the mishap.