Jatra actress ‘Mani’ electrocuted
KalingaTV News Network
Jajpur: In an unfortunate incident, popular Jatra actress from the State Sasmita Khatua was electrocuted at her rented house near Duburi Square in Kalinga Nagar Industrial Area in the district on Sunday evening.
The actress suffered the fatal accident while preparing for her show scheduled to be staged at the Duburi Market ground the same night. Family sources of the actress said Sasmita unwittingly touched a door handle at her residence, which was charged with a snapped livewire. She was rushed to Danagadi Hospital immediately after the incident where doctors declared her brought dead.
A pal of gloom descended on the opera party Baghajatin Gananatya for which Sasmita was working following her untimely demise and the staging of the Jatra for the night was called off. Sasmita had to perform on stage the same night.
Notably, the actress, popularly addressed in Jollywood as Mani, was staying at the house of one Ganesh Dash of Duburi area on rent for the last couple of days after his opera party camped there for shows at the Duburi Market ground. Her husband Biswajeet Khatua works as the Manager of the same opera party.
Danagadi Police has registered a case of unnatural death in the incident and started investigation.